Friday, July 29, 2016

200 MOST RECOMMENDED ALBUMS: #49. Continues in 2 days.
THE CAFFE` LATTE`
200
MOST RECOMMENDED ALBUMS
Some are the best selling, while others may be obscure, but the albums listed here are all worthy of a listen. No compilation/ best of sets. Only exceptional live albums included. This is a personal listing of the albums I enjoy the most to this day.
#49
TALKING BOOK: STEVIE WONDER
 Talking Book.jpg
 [1972] 
Stevie Wonder was at the peak of his genius in the 1970s, creating some of the best R&B of the era. He had dropped 'Music Of My Mind' in early 1972, on which his metamorphosis into an artist with gravitas began. That same year, Wonder continued that transition with 'Talking Book'. Both albums displayed evidence of progress. While the latter LP lacks consistency in terms of quality of songs, it boasts some jewels. The first is opener "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life", a genuine classic from his extensive songbook that reached #1 in America. This is the first of the strong ballads on the album. "You And I (We Can Conquer The World"), "Blame It On The Sun", "Lookin' For Another Pure Love" and closing track "I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever)" are the other softer touches featured on the disc. The best known song on the album is the funky "Superstition", another #1 included on the LP. 'Talking Book' was succeeded by 3 albums that improved on this release.
Highlight tracks: You Are The Sunshine Of My Life; Superstition; I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) & Blame It On The Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment