Wednesday, February 25, 2015

CAFFE` LATTE` TOP 2000 TRACKS
THE TOP 100
#33 I'LL BE OVER YOU
DANNY SAUCEDO
(2007)
Writers: David Westerlund & Mack
The opening track on Danny Saucedo's debut album is an entrancing dance track entitled "I'll Be Over You". The protagonist declares his everlasting love for the object of his affection. Co-writer David Westerlund played all the instruments on this modern cut, as well as handling its production and mixing. He wrote "I'll Be Over You" with fellow Swedish house producer Mack. The song was recorded in Stockholm, in the singer's homeland. 
Swedish audiences became aware of Saucedo through his appearance on "Swedish Idol" in 2006. The following year, he placed 2 singles at the top of the charts in Sweden: "Tokyo" and "Play It For the Girls". Both were included on his 1st album 'Heart Beats', which also made the top. 
Saucedo explained to me during an interview how he came to record "I'll Be Over You": "... [the writers] didn't want to do their stuff anymore; and that track ... was left over". "I heard it," he continued. "And just felt that I really need to record it". 
While most of Saucedo's early music would fit into the dance and schlager genres, he has astutely expanded his repertoire in recent years, exploring a more urban feel. This is an appropriate evolution, given that the singer is a fan of rhythm and blues. When I interviewed him around 2011, he cited Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Brian McKnight among his influences and favourite artists.
In 2014, he emerged with new single "All You Need Is A Spark". It was a charity disc created especially for a Swedish TV show. As Saucedo described it to me this year: "the new sound is more organic and urban I would say". It sounds fresh and contemporary. He is currently working on a Latin album.
This is a list made up of the songs I enjoy the most, ranked in order of preference: the higher we go, the more I cherish them. Some were released as singles, others as album tracks. Some are obscure; others were worldwide hits or have universal appeal. They aren't always the most famous or popular, but simply a personal choice. I have excluded songs from the last few years in order to get a better idea of a song's lasting impression. I hope you find some new tracks to love, or re-discover some past favourites. 
Each weekday, a new song from the remaining Top 100 is added, while another 2 are also included from positions 1501-2000. Check back here  for an update of the 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment