Friday, June 3, 2016

100 MOST RECOMMENDED ALBUMS. The countdown resumes from April-May 2016. This update: #70. Continues tomorrow.

THE CAFFE` LATTE`
200
MOST RECOMMENDED ALBUMS
Some are the best selling, while others may be obscure, but the albums listed here are all worthy of a listen. No compilation/ best of sets. Only exceptional live albums included. This is a personal listing of the albums I enjoy the most to this day.
#70
ONCE UPON A TIME: DONNA SUMMER
DonnaSummer-OnceUponATime-Front.jpg
 [1977] 
Donna Summer was the best exponent of Euro-disco through her collaborations with Giorgio Moroder. Together, they created some of disco's greatest moments. 'Once Upon A Time' was a concept album that was revolutionary at the time. It builds on its predecessor 'I Remember Yesterday' and key track "I Feel Love". Summer was different from the majority of female singers in the dance genre in that she co-wrote all of the double album's tracks with Moroder and Pete Bellotte. The track "I Love You" is an often overlooked disco cut that deserved to be a major hit for the singer.
Highlight tracks: Now I Need You, I Love You & Once Upon A Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment