Monday, December 10, 2018

THE TIME CAPSULE: I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS.
This retro segment is updated each weekday.


<<<THE TIME CAPSULE<<<

I DON’T LIKE MONDAYS
Boomtown Rats
1979 UK #1
Trivia: This chart topper from The Boomtown Rats was inspired by a real life shooting tragedy at a school in America. On January 29, 1979, a 17 year-old high school student  shot dead 2 adults and injured 9 children. When asked for a reason, she explained: "I just don't like Mondays". Rats frontman Bob Geldof penned the lyrics for "I Don't Like Mondays" which also topped the Australian, Irish and South African charts.
I Don't Like Mondays single cover.jpg

This regular segment looks back on recordings from the previous century. Check the special Caffé Latté playlist on spotify to rediscover these releases from the distant past.
                                                                                                                                   
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment