Thursday, November 26, 2015

200 FAVE ALBUMS This update: #115. More added later next week.
THE CAFFE` LATTE`
200
MOST RECOMMENDED ALBUMS
Some are the best selling, while others may be obscure, but the albums listed here are all worthy of a listen. No compilation/ best of sets. Only exceptional live albums included. This is a personal listing of the albums I enjoy the most to this day.
#115
ARETHA NOW: ARETHA FRANKLIN
 Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now.jpg
 [1968] 
When Aretha Franklin arrived at Atlantic Records, the crown was hers. The Queen of Soul has ruled ever since. 'Aretha Now' captures the Franklin tonsils at their peak of power. This set contains 3 soul classics: "Think", "See Saw" and the beautiful "I Say A Little Prayer". Explore this album further and one discovers other gems. These include the empowering "I Take What I Want", the sexy "Night Time Is the Right Time", the gorgeous "I Can't See Myself Leaving You" and the R&B drenched "You're A Sweet Sweet Man". There's really no filler on this outstanding recording. It may be short in terms of duration, but the quality is what really counts. The only weak point is Franklin's cover of Sam Cooke's "You Send Me". which unfortunately falls short of the original version. Fret not, as the Queen delivers the definitive take of every other track. Highlight tracks: I Say A Little Prayer; Think & I Take What I Want.


No comments:

Post a Comment