Thursday, July 25, 2024

THE COOLEST SONGS EVER! #5. More Sunday.

Caffè Lattè presents…

 

THE 200

COOLEST

SONGS OF ALL-TIME

 

Spanning decades of popular music and many genres, Caffè Lattè has compiled a list of the 200 coolest songs of all-time.

Hear the songs as the countdown continues on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5D4KAP4AyebdFAcKsnFnkP?si=2bd21d1f848e4e13&pt=8138f555a0265b1f7f3929d814534f45


5

I GOT YOU (I FEEL GOOD)

James Brown

 

On May 6, 1965 James Brown recorded one of his signature songs: “I Got You (I Feel Good)”. The upbeat track sounds uncomplicated yet universally appealing, but its journey to the public was impeded by litigation and other delays.

Brown cut his first version of the song in September 1964 for inclusion on his ‘Out Of Sight’ album. Originally, the tune was titled “I Found You”. After Brown cut the original version, the plan was to release “I Got You (I Feel Good)” as a single. A major campaign was set up but interrupted when a legal dispute between the Smash and King record labels emerged. The release was cancelled.

Despite this, radio started to give the song airplay which sparked demand for the single. Brown decided to re-record the track. He made some alterations to the music too, which served to augment the song’s energy. Some of the musicians on the original take were re-assembled for the new cut: Melvin and Maceo Parker, Nat Jones and Bernard Odum. The new version also featured contributions from Alfonso “Country” Kellum, Jimmy Nolen, Al Clark, Eldee Williams and St. Clair Pinckney.

“I Got You (I Feel Good)” topped the Billboard Soul Chart, reached #3 Pop and dented the UK Top 40. In the decades since, the song has lost none of its cool and power.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment