Sunday, August 3, 2014

CAFFE` LATTE` 
TOP 1500 CHOICE TRACKS


#213 DO I DO Stevie Wonder
In 1982, Motown issued a new Stevie Wonder compilation album entitled 'Original Musiquarium 1'. The double album contained classics from the label's star performer with 3 new tracks. "Do I Do" was 1 of the additional tracks. The song was penned by Wonder, who also arranged and produced it. Furthermore, he plays piano and raps on the track. The album version runs for 101/2 minutes. It features a trumpet solo by legendary musician Dizzy Gillespie. 
The jazzy funk workout is a standout from the Wonder songbook. Released as a single, an edited version of the track reached #10 in Britain. In the US "Do I Do" was a crossover hit, peaking at #1 Dance (Wonder's first to top this chart), 2 R&B and #13 Pop.

This is a list made up of the songs I enjoy the most, ranked in order of preference: the higher we go, the more I cherish them. Some were released as singles, others as album tracks. Some are obscure; others were worldwide hits or have universal appeal. They aren't always the most famous or popular, but simply a personal choice. I have excluded songs from the last few years in order to get a better idea of a song's lasting impression. I hope you find some new tracks to love, or re-discover some past favourites.
A new song is added each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment